Friday, March 21, 2008

Introductory Post

This is not an original concept. I wanted to copy the Sacramento Area Flippers in Trouble Blog which I think is excellent (and has kept me sane over the past couple of years while I have watched the Victoria market spiral ever higher).

This is not intended to cover every house available, just those that are showing "pricing weakness" and being reduced, raised, or whatever I find interesting. It is purely subjective. Feel free to send me listing you feel warrant attention.

How long will this blog last? Well, I don't know how long the data source will be effective since I've seen a number of these fail over the years but I'll give it a try for as long as I keep interested.

Of course the standard disclaimers apply and I can't guarantee the accuracy of any of this - as always do your own research.

2 comments:

So and so said...

Very interesting to see. The next 18 months should be quite revealing.
Once the speculators get of town and stop inflating the market here in Victoria,then maybe the average joe living and working here will be able to afford a family home, if not there will alot of rentals in the near future.

jesse said...

You should make it explicit that you are tracking list prices, not necessarily previous sale prices, as is the case with SFIT.

If you're feeling prickly you can explicitly call out how previous sale prices are not publicly available in Canada.